ABOUT THE SHOW
"Law and Batting Order," or LABO for short, is an online show that touches on the legal issues that may arise in some of the biggest sports headlines you read on a daily basis. Founded by Tony Iliakostas on December 23, 2011, LABO covers different sports and a wide variety of legal topics. More importantly, LABO's goal is to break down, in the simplest terms, how the law continues to shape and evolve the sports industry for better or for worse.
A new episode of LABO airs every Sunday. Each week, I'll discuss a legal topic that is applicable in the world of sports, whether that topic is current or ongoing. During select Sundays, I'll host a live Q&A session with a guest in which we'll discuss sports law or sports business issues.
Additionally, there are two segments that will be featured on LABO in certain episodes. They are as follows:
- #TheHuddle - This a new segment to LABO that will only be featured on select shows. #TheHuddle is a roundtable discussion featuring members of the sports law community talking about a sports law issue. You too can be a part of the discussion by using the hashtag #TheHuddle on Twitter and on our Facebook page.
- Taking it to the Streets - This segment serves as an opportunity for me to approach everyday sports fans on the streets and ask them about the biggest sports headlines, especially those that have legal implications. The focus of this segment is to show that everyday fans are aware of these headlines and that their opinions and thoughts matter.
Some LABO statistics/milestones worth sharing:
- LABO's first episode was on December 23, 2011.
- LABO amassed 1,000 views on YouTube on March 9, 2012.
- LABO amassed 5,000 views on YouTube on June 7, 2013.
- June 30, 2013 was the premiere of #TheHuddle, which became the most viewed and most rated video in LABO history, with 7,954 views and 87 thumbs up respectively. (Statistics are as of July 30, 2013)
- Because of #TheHuddle's overnight success, LABO amassed 10,000 views on YouTube on July 1, 2013.
- LABO made a full-time transition to Vimeo on December 23, 2013.
DISCLAIMER: Although this is a forum for me to express my views, such views are mine and in no way, shape, or form are they representative of my employer's or my guest's views. Furthermore, I am not a licensed attorney (yet) and am, therefore, not able to provide legal advice to anyone.